TUM Mentoring JobTalk
One question – one conversation. Students and PhDs are asking specific questions, alumni answer and provide their assessment and experience. A personal contact via telephone, Skype or meeting is possible in a timely and uncomplicated manner.
Job Talk is a Short-Mentoring and designed as a singular contact. For more in-depth matters the one-year mentoring of TUM Mentoring is available.
You would like to know more about the work routine of a consultant, a specific industry or a particular profession or you would like to get information on the training to become a patent attorney?
Ask your question and we will put you in touch with an alumni shortly.
Please register online: Registration
Frequently there are questions which lack an appropriate contact person in your social circle. One question – one hour of your time, share your experience and support the young generation.
You would like to become a contact person? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information on Participating in TUM Mentoring JobTalk
- Participation is open to students, PhD students and alumni of all faculties.
- Students ask their questions via the Online Registration. Alumni offer information on their field of work and the subject matters for which they are a contact person.
- Based on this information the tandems are matched. Alumni receive suitable questions and let us know if they are available for a talk soon.
- Is it a match, the students receive the alumni’s contact details and arrange an appointment. Telephone, Skype or a personal meeting are the available options depending on distance and individual availability.
- After the talk the mentee gives us a brief feedback that the meeting/telephone call has taken place.
- After one conversation Job Talk is completed, unless mentee and mentor decide together to keep in touch. For a more long-term counselling and assistance the one-year long TUM Mentoring Programme for Students by Alumni is available.