2nd Research Alumni Forum
TUM is happy to announce that the 2nd Research Alumni Forum will take place in Munich from November 28th to December 1st.
On this special occasion, TUM President Professor Wolfgang A. Herrmann will honor eight top-level international scientists and former TUM research alumni by conferring on them the title of “TUM Ambassador”.
Last year, TUM awarded twelve researchers who enriched our University with their scientific expertise and international practice during the last decades and will now represent TUM as ambassadors all over the world.
This year, the following Professors have been selected to receive an award:
- Prof. Amaresh Chakrabarti from Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Prof. Costance J. Chang-Hasnain from University of California in Berkeley
- Prof. Richard Davis from Columbia University
- Prof. Jae-Hung Han from KAIST
- Prof. Nam Pyo Suh from MIT
- Prof. R. I. Sujith from the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
- Prof. Sibel Tari from the Middle East Technical University, Ankara
- Prof. Janet Tate from Oregon State University
The future TUM Ambassadors will be honored during the VIVAT TUM Concert that will take place in the Philharmonic Hall in Gasteig. For these special guests TUM organized other initiatives as workshops and meetings together with current guest researchers and the other TUM Fellows.
Foto: Michaela Noatzsch (Fire and Eyes)